Discovering unique potential in everyone.
Experienced in serving individuals who exhibit diverse levels of physical, cognitive, sensory and communicative abilities and striving to support their unique communication challenges.
Services can take place at our therapy offices, your home, school, work environment or in the community.
Please select one of the following to see details below about our services:
Speech and Language Services
Communicating Together provides an initial comprehensive evaluation of speech-language skills and needs and develops a therapy program that is unique to each individual.
We can assist in:
- Improving clarity of speech
- Improving understanding and use of vocabulary, grammar, wh- questions, directions and abstract language
- Increasing language expression from simple words to complex sentences and conversation
- Expanding play and social communiation skills
Augmentative Communication Services
Communicating Together provides an initial comprehensive evaluation of functional communication needs and abilities and develops a therapy program that is unique to each individual.
We can assist in:
- Recommending strategies to increase communication in natural environments
- Creating low-tech communication symbols, boards and tools
- Trialing speech generating and assistive technology devices to determine the equipment that best meets an individual's needs
- Documenting and submitting an insurance funding request to purchase a speech generating device
- Programming speech generating devices
- Increasing access to toys and computers to promote play and interaction skills
- Supporting emergent language and literacy skills
Social Skills Groups
Communicating Together provides small social, language, play and movement based groups at PlaySpace.
We can assist in developing:
- Joint attention
- Engagement and cooperation
- Social interaction
- Group participation
- Pretend play skills